Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby on the Brain

Hawaii is looming in the near future.  Next month marks our 5 year wedding anniversary and this year the husband is turning 30, so we made the decision to go to Hawaii for a week.  What a decision that was.  

At the time I was a little arrogant, maybe a little too cocky for my own good.  Our 1 year old, my sweet baby girl, was brought up multiple times.  Can we leave her?  Do we want to leave her?  SURE!  Why not?  I can do it.  I'm no pansy, I'm a strong Martha Stewart type...well, wanna be anyway.  

Thinking back I don't know what came over me because right now it's total fear.  I have only been away from that sweet face for two separate nights-total.  What am I going to do?  I can barely make it to the mall by myself without having to turn around because I see a little girl that looks like her.  I feel empty and alone if there is no one there for me to take care of.  A week in Hawaii could be the worst thing that has ever happened to me.  Who knew?

Blue Hawaii by janruss.

2 comments:

  1. Okay any blog where the person refers to themselves as NO PANSY is ultimately going to be my FAVORITE blog.

    You have earned a well-deserved break my friend. It's going to be tough, obvi, but dude...we are talking Anniversary in HAWAIIIIII !!!!!!!!!!! Get a grip!!!!!!

    And just teach your mama how to skype :)

    ReplyDelete