Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving!

I forgot to mention my Thanksgiving turkey and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Ta Da!
I would like to think that Martha Stewart would be proud, but if you have ever really watched her show she is actually a little snippy when it comes to doling out compliments. *Get over yourself Martha!*

This year I decided to try Pioneer Woman's turkey recipe and it turned out great. My Mom said that it was actually the best turkey she had ever had. I, on the other hand, am a strange person who thinks all turkey tastes the same and that chef's are trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I'm on to you "Chefs".

So, if you trust my Mom then you definitely have to make it next year.

Funny thing actually-you have to brine this turkey, and I was up for it. So, the day before I took the time to carefully make the brine, place the gigantic turkey in the enormous plastic bag, and manage to pour the brine into the bag without a drop of brine getting on the countertop. The next morning, The Boss Man asks if he could help so I ask him to remove the turkey from the refrigerator so we could get the thing cooking. I am on the other side of the kitchen minding my own business when I hear what sounds like the splash of a beluga whale into the ocean. I look over to see what is happening and I feel a tidal wave of brine rush against my leg.

Now, because in times like this I am calm and collected I simply inhale with all the terror I can muster and shriek "What do we do? What do we do?". I am standing in a half inch river of brine on the wood floors. Oh and did I mention that the RAW turkey was soaking in the juice? SALMONELLA!

I could have fainted, but I didn't, we just cleaned it up and moved on.

I now realize that after yesterday's post you now think I am a walking clown, and that's fine, but honestly you can't make these things up people.

I had to post this picture just because I know he is so proud of it. I wish I could take credit for it, but I don't have talent, I can't even fake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment