Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fried Fish and Twice Baked Potatoes



Ok, so I may not be a food stylist or experienced photographer...yet, but this is all I got.  It's a work in progress folks.

Anyhow, this was my version of fish and chips the other night.  Sweet Cheeks even loved it and she is not even 2 years old.  

I have been on a secret mission to attempt all of Pioneer Woman's  recipes.  That sounds so boring, but it's true.  So, after reading through her recipe index for the 10 billionth time I found these twice baked potatoes.  I'm not gonna lie to you they were good, but they were not fantastic.  She even admits that if you already know how to make twice baked potatoes, you're not in for anything new.  I think I would rather save myself some trouble and make my own baked potato and add my own ingredients.  Enough said.

The best part was the fried fish.  I was once a fast food addict.  Nothing could beat Jack In the Box with their two tacos, with medium curly fries, and a large rootbeer.  A creation from the heavens.  

I am reformed my followers I am reformed.  I am over fast food.  A small droplet of water falls down my face when I say it out loud.

Back to the subject-I love Long John Silvers.  I mean LovED it.  Anyway, Sandra Lee's fried fish was a great homemade version of the LJS fish.  I personally needed to add some more salt, but it was really good.  I am actually a little obsessed.  Don't be afraid of making this with tilapia.  I was scared of making fish when I first started cooking-I don't know why.  All you need to do is find the frozen tilapia in the freezer section of your grocery store.  EASY!  You don't have to even go to the butcher, especially if you are scared of your butcher like I am.  Well...I'll get into the logistics of why I race pass the butcher every week another time.

Adios amigos.

4 comments:

  1. sounds yummy! I need to try this out. I love twice baked potatos and I seem to be liking fish more and more, especially if it's fried! Oh and let me know the details about the Pioneer Woman coming in town, we should go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm going to try this- did you really use seltzer water? I also like the recipe for tartar sauce :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! Since I have joined weight watchers I have always looked for ways to cook healthier. Someone shared a blogspot with me that is for healthier selections and might I add great for weight watcher members. The site is http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com I have yet to try any of the recipes, but all of them look yummy. Even though in the name there is weight watchers, I assure you it's nothing what you might think. I hope you like it! ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did use seltzer water. It makes the batter thicker. I also made the tartar sauce, it was really good.

    ReplyDelete