Friday, January 10, 2014

Pinteresting: Recipe Update

This has been me in the kitchen all week.


I have cooked and cooked and cooked.  Having a Pinterest week was pinteresting.  Get it?

I cooked Pinned recipes for an entire week without relying on any of my Tried and True recipes.  It was a roller coaster.  I think Anthony learned to love it...eventually.  It was as thrilling as it gets around here.

I made a Garlic Cauliflower Soup and a Broccoli Soup.  On the rating scale they both ranked one tiny step above water soup.  Water soup.  After I began to make the cauliflower soup I noticed a tiny paleo diet hashtag.  Nothing good will ever come between the intersection of Paleo and Office to Aprons.  Nothing.  

Paleo Diet + Office to Aprons= Water Soup

They were just not good.  I completely threw away the cauliflower soup because we had people coming over.  For the broccoli soup I didn't want to waste the ingredients again so I added 8oz. of cheese to magically create something edible.  Garlic Cauliflower Soup and Broccoli Soup are now deleted from Pinterest.  You're fired.

Now, onto the good ones.  One Anthony loved and one I loved.  So, if on some whim you decide to make both of these recipes please feel free to declare a winner.


Caprese Chicken

Really good!  I liked this take on caprese and I got to serve it with garlic bread.  This is Anthony's favorite. 


Cheesy Enchilada Casserole

This was my favorite.  The recipe missed a few steps and left me hanging a few times, but I made it through.  Mine looked drier, but it was still good with chips.  Almost like a 7 layer dip dinner.  Pretty quick.

The Pinterest week is over, but I shall slowly continue my quest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment