Sunday, June 28, 2009

Disaster


I don't know what it is about the kitchen.  The more I get beat up the more I keep coming back.  From the beginning of time my family has eaten at Carshon's Deli in Fort Worth.   Since high school my Grandma and I have a tradition of eating there every Saturday (although we occasionally miss a Saturday or two) for the chocolate pie.  In my lifetime I have sometimes opted out of chocolate pie for strawberry delight.  Both equally delicious.

The strawberry delight is similar to the Zydeco Dancer from Razzoo's.  Anyway, it is pure whip creamy, strawberry, air.  I love it.  Well, I came across a recipe the other day for a strawberry delight and I figured it would be pretty easy to replicate.  I mean how hard could it be?  Just throw in some whip cream and strawberries.  No.  Not even close.



It started out looking good.  I quit taking pictures because I realized early on that this recipe was only going south and indeed it did.  A crash and BURN!  Disaster.

Why do you do this to me Carshon's? 

Do you hate me?

What do you put in there to make it so good?  Is it crack?  Is that what I am tasting?
Mine tasted like death with a crust.  

This past year I have probably made at least 10 different chocolate pie recipes in a failed attempt to just taste Carshon's chocolate pie at home.  It's true, ask my family.  I think they are tired of chocolate pie.  

Ok me too...a little.

Don't worry Carshon's you can't win.  You WON'T win.


1 comment: