Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby!

A momentous occasion passed the other day and you may not have even realized it.  My baby turned 1 year old.  It was an overwhelming day and for me it was filled with a range of emotions.  I began to dread the toddler years, but celebrate the end of a rocky year with a less than settled baby and about hundred other things that I realized I already missed about a baby.   Up and down, highs and lows.  Geesh!


However, this one year mark has marked a series of lasts for me.  For me, only God knows, if this is my last baby and so I have already begun my list of lasts.  Repeat that again, my "List of Lasts".

3 times fast:
List of Lasts
Lists of Lasts
Liss o Lass

Did anyone happen to watch the MTV show "Autobiography" with Ashlee Simpson?  Perhaps I am the only one, but I will go ahead and sum it up for you.  It was a 30 minute show every week where Ashlee Simpson became a rock star.  She had never done a dang thing before in her life, so it was a monotonous list (no, not List of Lasts) of things she had never done before.  

Ashlee Simpson:
Oh my gosh this is my first time performing on a stage.
Oh my gosh this is the first time I have ever sang this song on a stage in front of my sister.
Oh my gosh this is the first time I have ever filmed my own music video.
Oh my gosh this is the first time I have ever recorded a song.
Oh my gosh this is the first time my sister made me famous.
Oh my gosh this is the first time my Dad has tried to make me a rockstar.

Very entertaining.

Anyhow, so as my sweet baby turns one I have already begun my very own Ashlee Simpson show.
Oh my gosh this may be the last 1st Birthday party I throw.
Oh my gosh this may be the last, first time I feed him cake.
Oh my gosh this may the last time he will fit into this outfit.  This kid is a giant!

It is a sad sad world.

So, now that I have depressed myself I am off to drown myself into the heap of leftover cookies and milk, and add to my List of Lasts.



Happy Birthday Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment